Wabbitemu stopped working after updating

Feb 27, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Today I updated Wabbitemu. I am using the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition on Windows 7, 64 bit. The calculator immediately stopped working (calculator screen is blank and will not turn on when I click the ON button). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the calculator does not work. I love Wabbitemu and would really appreciate if anyone could help me get it working again!
Feb 27, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Hi,

Thank you to tech support who helped me resolve this issue so rapidly! Here is what they suggested I try doing:

"Try resizing Wabbitemu. You can do so by dragging from any corner of the window. If that does not work, try turning on Wabbitemu from the debug menu."

Following their suggestion, I was able to resolve this issue by resizing the Wabbitemu window. Thank you tech support!
Mar 14, 2014 at 2:26 PM
Edited Mar 14, 2014 at 2:32 PM
I am a high school math teacher who has been using Wabbit EMU for years, without issue, to help teach my students.
Today, when loading Wabbit EMU, it asked if I wanted to download and install the latest version, version 1.8.2.26. I allowed it.

Now, Wabbit EMU runs PAINFULLY slow. If I ask it to calculate simple things like 9 + 9 it takes forever to show "18." I have tried re-downloading the latest TI-83 Plus Silver emulator file from the TI website. That doesn't work.

How do I restore normal speed and normal functionality to Wabbit EMU?
Is there a way I can download the prior version since that worked properly?

I am using the same PC, Windows XP SP 3, with Intel Processor.

I tried contacting Technical Support, but there is no "Technical Support" contact information per se, on this website. I simply sent an email as explained above to "Contact Us." Does that eventually make it to Technical Support?

Thanks,
Todd
Developer
Mar 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Hi Todd,

Sorry for the issue with the update, if you could I'd like you to test this version: http://buckeyedude.zapto.org/Revsoft/Wabbitemu/Beta/Wabbitemu.exe. It should fix the issues you described above.

Thanks,
BuckeyeDude
May 4, 2015 at 3:10 AM
I tried what you suggested for Todd and am still experiencing problems. When I want to use the cutout skin it messes up. I press the 5 and the 8 shows up. Before the update above, none of the operation keys were working. It was working great before the update and now I wish I hadn't updated.

Thanks,
Michelle