Create a skin

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Hello,
Thank you for your work on wabbitemu.
I'm trying to create a skin for TI83+.fr and I have a "Invalid screen size / Unable to find the screen box" message.
I have the 1.8.2.26 version on Win 7x64.
My skin and keymap are png 32bit 350*725px.
You cann see them here : http://webcloud.zaclys.com/public.php?service=files&t=84973ac0fda901a2d98a4c4078e125bb
I don't understand where is the problem...
Could someone help me ?

Thanks !
Developer
Apr 25, 2014 at 6:22 AM
I downloaded your skin and keymap and they seem to be fine. I tested them on both 1.8.2.26 and the latest beta, they worked correctly on both. Try the beta from here: http://buckeyedude.com/Revsoft/Wabbitemu/Beta/Wabbitemu.exe. It has better skin handling code, and will darken your keypresses like normal.

If that still doesn't work, I'll take another look at it. The invalid skin size message usually indicate that the skin is not a factor of 350x725 px. Maybe you were loading a different version that didn't quite conform to those dimensions?

BuckeyeDude
Apr 28, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Thank you for you answer and your test.
I tried with the last beta and after a problem with the cutout mode, it works without it !
I don't really understand where was the problem but it works and that's great !
I'm very fond of the "teacher view" ;-)
Just a question : is it possible to copy to the clipboard a screenshot ?
It's possible to save a screenshot to a file, but I didn't find the way for a quick copy-paste in a document otherwise a external program.
It sould be great to be able to do it, and for the teacher view too...

Nolendil
Developer
Apr 29, 2014 at 4:04 AM
Good point with cutout mode, I'll fix that for custom skins. As for easily getting a screenshot to the clipboard, no but its a good idea I'll add it. You can drag and drop from the screen to the program (assuming it supports drag and drop).

Teacher view is still a work in progress, its close but doesn't quite smartly update. Its a technically challenging problem that I'm still looking for a good platform independent solution to.

BuckeyeDude
Apr 29, 2014 at 6:46 AM
BuckeyeDude wrote:
You can drag and drop from the screen to the program (assuming it supports drag and drop).
Oh, that's fine ! Maybe it can be just a little more explicite in the doc ?
Teacher view is still a work in progress, its close but doesn't quite smartly update. Its a technically challenging problem that I'm still looking for a good platform independent solution to.
It's already quite interesting !
I can't help on programming, but good luck and thank you !