Poor contrast on screens

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Hi all.
Today I installed the emulator under Windows 7 and started to try some ROMs.
With both TI-82 and TI_85, the first I tried, I have a big problem in reading the screen, because the contrast is very low. I also tried tha various options in the Display tab, but with no succcess.
With other TI emulator for Windows I don't have this problem, so I would like to know if there is a way to overcome it.
Thanks.
Developer
Jun 11, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Hi Antlab,

Sorry to hear about the issues with contrast. Some ROM versions look very washed out on the default contrast Wabbit uses. You can adjust it just like you would on a normal calculator, using 2nd+arrow up or 2nd+arrow down. I also recommend saving the ROM's state before you exit, so you don't have to adjust it every time you start Wabbitemu.

Let me know if you have any other issues or questions.

BuckeyeDude
Jun 12, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Hi BuckeyDude,

thanks a lot for your reply.
Following your suggestion I have been able to almost completely solve the problem. By regulating the contrast, how you indicated, I found that there a very small region, around about the value "4", that makes the situation better, also if not optimal.
I also noticed, by trying other roms, that the problem is not present in the TI-83 and TI-84 series, where the screen is immediately well redable after pressing ON.
Thanks again for the help.